SISTRA Sigfox in a suitcase

Worldwide First Sigfox-In-a-Suitcase by Thinxtra

Sydney, May 24 2017 – Thinxtra has released the Sigfox-in-a-Suitcase, a compact solution to enable Sigfox connectivity – anywhere
Thinxtra is building the nationwide networks in Australia and  New Zealand to cover 95% of their population. But how can the remaining  5% be catered for? How can IoT connectivity be provided in areas where there is little to no population, such as mining sites or remote farm locations? The unique Australian geography in particular, requires Sigfox coverage anywhere. To that end, Thinxtra first released the mini base station that can be installed indoor or outdoor, with backhaul using 3G, 4G or even satellite in truly remote areas. More details on all the different configurations can be found here.

Device makers, ecosystem partners and customers also need a solution to get coverage on demand, wherever and whenever, for setting up Proof of Concepts (or rather “Proof of Value” since the concepts are now proven) or for temporary projects, such as construction sites in remote areas, road works away from the cities, underground areas or other areas with unfavorable RF conditions.

Here is the solution: Sigfox-In-a-Suitcase by Thinxtra
Why Sigfox-in-a-Suitcase? We provide a ruggedised suitcase that is heavy-duty to sustain rough conditions and at the same time, we are shaking up the market with a unique solution: Thinxtra, as a world first in the LPWAN market, has embedded a complete Sigfox mini base station inside a battery powered suitcase. This might not seem that revolutionary at first, but it is bringing a new level of IoT connectivity, anytime, anywhere.

sigfox in a suitcase

What’s in it?

  • A Sigfox mini base station supporting RCZ4 (920Mhz), suitable for Sigfox networks in Australia, New Zealand, South America and most countries in South East Asia (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia,…)
  • A battery that lasts up to 12 hours without recharging, and a quick recharge time of only 4 hours (up to 8 hours if recharging while using the unit).
  • A 3G USB dongle with a data plan as backhaul (in ANZ)
  • A Sens’it demo device with a smartphone app to test that Sigfox-in-a-Box is working fine

 

Ready to work in 2 minutes
The Sigfox-in-a-Suitcase works within 2 minutes, as soon as it is switched on. Then simply use the Sens’it device to send your first message to make sure you are good to go. That is the beauty of Sigfox LPWAN technology, no need for complex configuration. The Sigfox back-end is set up by default to connect all your Sigfox-Ready IoT devices directly via API to your monitoring platform of choice, be it Microsoft Azure, IBM BlueMix, AWS IoT , ThingWorx, Buddy, etc.

Low cost rental
Sigfox-in-a-Suitcase is not for sale but for lease on a yearly basis at a very low cost. You can contact our dedicated team at ineedsigfox@thinxtra.com

Tugberk Bekri, Thinxtra CTO, added: “After the release of the Thinxtra development kit Xkit in early 2017, Sigfox-in-a-Suitcase complements this tool to simply make IoT a reality wherever customers and partners require Sigfox connectivity.”


About Thinxtra
Thinxtra is empowering the Internet of Things in Asia Pacific by deploying the world-leading Sigfox LPWA network as well as building a full eco-system of IoT solutions and services to enable the non-connected to connect, to increase productivity, accelerate decision making, improve quality of service and quality of life, and find more economical solutions to common problems. Sigfox is the world’s leading provider of connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT). The company has built a global network to connect billions of devices to the Internet while consuming as little energy as possible, as simply as possible.
Sigfox’s unique approach to device-to-cloud communications addresses the three greatest barriers to global IoT adoption: cost, energy consumption, and global scalability. Thinxtra’s Sigfox network currently covers 71% of the population in Australia and 89% of the population in New Zealand and will start deployment in Hong Kong by June 2017. It will cover 95% of the population of those countries by the end of 2017.
Thinxtra was founded by IoT and network experts who share a common passion for connecting things to improve business processes and people lives. It is backed by NZX-listed high-tech company Rakon Limited, which has a history of innovation in communications technology going back some 50 years.

For more information, contact:
Renald Gallis – VP Marketing and Ecosystem
renald.gallis@thinxtra.com +61 404 894 960