Get on board for the adventure of a life time!
DECISION-MAKER • GO GETTER • DYNAMIC • OPENNESS • THINKING DIFFERENT • CONNECTED • ATTENTION TO DETAILS • ADVENTURER • SELLING THE FUTURE • START-UP MINDED • ORGANIZED • UNIQUE • MULTICULTURAL • TEAM PLAYER • A BORN DISRUPTOR • PASSIONATE ABOUT INTERNET OF THINGS
SOLUTIONS PROJECT MANAGER - November 2016
Very exciting opportunity for a dynamic solutions oriented individual to join ANZ’s first National Internet of Things network! Reporting to the VP solutions, the Solutions and Project Manager will be responsible for capturing specifications, planning projects, motivating teams, and delivering projects in an environment where speed and agility are paramount. You will be part of the Solutions team, which is a cross-functional team working with both internal teams (sales, marketing, R&D) and external specialists globally covering full product lifecycle. You will leverage off your deep understanding, applied technical knowledge and industry relationships to conceptualise the best technical solution in the fastest time possible.
- customer liaison and project go-to
- ensure sales success : product & system cost modelling, mocking up solutions in hardware and software and participating in proof of concepts
- expertly and efficiently managing external parties to deliver outcomes
- creating relevant documentation and capturing requirements
- Understand the fundamental aspects of the design and the business case, with an acute vision for successful implementation
- Lead project teams and inspire others to deliver to your plan
- Project manage the entire delivery across all functional groups; Design house, manufacturers, testing, certification and approvals
Candidate Profile and Qualifications Required
- Degree in science, computing, engineering or electronics.
- 2+ years of proven product innovation experience, or relevant technical project management
- History of Industrial design, product design, solution architecting or product development. Other fields are acceptable as long as you can demonstrate previous solution or project management experience.
- Experience in electronic design, firmware, software PCB design, manufacturing, industrial design are highly regarded skills.
- Specific IoT experience is not mandatory but demonstrable passion to learn is!
We are looking for superstars! You will be an enthused individual with the right attitude who is not afraid of taking initiative, making things happen and fixing your mistakes. You will, from day 1, contribute to the success of Thinxtra. In return, Thinxtra will provide growth opportunities not available anywhere else in the IoT landscape. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, fun but performance based culture whereby everyone has accountability for their role, then apply now!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - October 2016
Exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join ANZ’s first telecom operator dedicated to the Internet of Things. The Business Development Manager will grow Thinxtra’s presence and improve its success in New Zealand developing and following up new leads. Key products include subscriptions to the SIGFOX Network, IoT devices and/or value-added IoT services. Target customers are large end-customers, channel partners, and ecosystem partners in relevant market segments in New Zealand.
- Achieve or exceed agreed sales targets
- Build qualified sales pipeline to exceed agreed minimum threshold
- Prospect, develop relationships with and manage new M2M/IoT Wireless customers
- Identify specific opportunities and negotiate supply agreements if needed be
- Interface with Thinxtra‘s Product Management and Marketing teams to gain an in-depth working knowledge of all relevant Thinxtra products
- Provide recommendations and feedback on competitive markets to help establish Thinxtra’s M2M/IoT strategy and market pricing
- Document customer information in the CRM system, as well as monitoring communications and related pipeline opportunities
- Support Thinxtra deployment in New Zealand by helping the Network Deployment team based in Auckland and Sydney
- Strong track record of successful sales
- Solid technical knowledge, including network fundamentals
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to travel interstate and intrastate as required
- Self-motivation and desire for success
We are looking for individuals who wish to work as part of an entrepreneur-driven group, who love wearing many hats and who thrive in innovative environments. The ideal candidate enjoys taking up challenges, and appreciates discovering new ways of performing jobs.
If you have the right profile for this fantastic opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
JUNIOR COMMERCIAL ANALYST - September 2016
The Junior Commercial Analyst will be supporting the CFO and the management team in all Financial aspects of a tech start-up working on a very large projects. We are looking for an ambitious Junior Commercial Analyst responsible for managing daily accounting tasks including orders approval and assisting with complex quotes processing, accounts payables and receivable, maintaining and reconciling accounts, preparing reports, in addition to overall office support and administration. The candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and be able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the to the growth of Thinxtra and to the overall operation of the finance department in addition to various other tasks assigned.
Thinxtra is ANZ’s first telecom operator dedicated to Internet of Things and is providing high-potential students with an opportunity to gain exposure to the accounting and financial environment of a well-established start up and to develop their financial acumen, and gain knowledge of the IoT (Internet of Things) industry. The ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate commitment, energy and an ability to work as an enthusiastic team member.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Approve Suppliers PO within defined expenditure limit.
- Process all accounts payables and bank reconciliations
- Prepare month end closing, financial management reports and ad hoc analysis
- Perform all reconciliations, including trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet adjustments, asset register at month end.
- Compile Monthly reporting deck for the CEO and the Board review
- Works with managers, peers and staff from other departments to give or obtain needed information
- Ensure the spend is align with the budget and create ad hoc expenditure reports
- Participate in the organisational continuous improvement cycle, inherent to a start-up, where all process need to be created and existing processes need to be revisited as we grow.
- Creating and supervising a cost tracking process for our Network Deployment team to facilitate Activity based reporting.
- Managing contracts obligations
- Adhoc duties might involve: Find grants for start-ups in technology fields, BAS declaration preparation, office support and administration responsibilities such as ordering supplies, organizing meetings, reviewing and drafting company policies, reviewing providers and getting and challenging quotes for all services suppliers.
- Supporting the CFO with HR related tasks- resourcing and contracting and legal duties
- Supporting the CFO with all governance task around capital raise
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Finance /Accounting/Business Administration Bachelor degree
- Detail oriented, track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership & demonstrates a commitment to integrity
- Strong written, oral and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with related parties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, including but not limited to creating pivot tables, graphs and charts
- High achiever, switch-on, hands-on and able to think outside the box
In return for your experience and skills, the organisation will provide
- a great working environment with a super dynamic team,
- a unique high growth technological start-up backed up by a listed company
- This is the perfect opportunity to be involved in the Financial cycle from all angles: procurement, logistic, insurances, sales, budgeting, reporting, treasury, taxes, processes, recruitment but also to be involve in a start-up where everyone is directly contributing and focusing on the success of the business and is part of implementing a disruptive technology!
PRE-SALES ENGINEER - August 2016
Very unique and exciting opportunity for a dynamic IoT Pre-Sales Manager to join ANZ’s first telecom operator dedicated to Internet of Things. The IoT Solutions Lead is responsible for pre-sales support and/or Sales for Thinxtra products & services in the Australia and New Zealand market. It has a focus on helping the Technical Sales Director and/or Sales Managers to develop new business and be responsible for designing and estimating complex end-to-end solutions to customers.
Your role will aim to grow Thinxtra's presence and improve our success in this market through superb pre-sales and technical account management. Key products & solutions will include Subscriptions to the SIGFOX Network, bespoke or off-the-shelf IoT devices and/or value-added IoT services. Target customers whom you will support and design solutions for are end customers, system integrators, and channel partners in relevant verticals.
Tasks & activities you will be required to perform:
- Provide technical pre-sales support to IoT Wireless customers, device makers, solution providers and/or channel providers, and assist the Sales Manager or the Technical Sales Director with identifying specific opportunities, providing detailed technical pre-sales assistance and ensuring complete and successful delivery of the project
- Assist the Sales Manager or Technical Sales Director to achieve or exceed agreed sales targets, by converting leads into POCs, Field Trials and/or Full Rollouts of IoT solutions for ANZ customers.
- Define, estimate, quote and deliver POCs/Field Trials/End Solutions
- Interface with Thinxtra Marketing & Eco-system department to build and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of all relevant Thinxtra products, solutions and services
- Assist Sales Manager and/or Technical Sales Director to prepare use cases and business plan for customer projects
- Interface with Solutions department to estimate feasibility of new projects
- Provide recommendations and competitive market feedback to assist in shaping Thinxtra's IoT strategy and market pricing
- Develop relationships with device makers and design house across ANZ and provide technical support as required to build Thinxtra's reputation of go-to IoT experts in ANZ
- When required, define specifications for new IoT products as per customer requirements and collaborate with Solutions department to estimate costs, leadtime and feasibility, in order for Thinxtra to win projects and oversee the delivery of these products and their launch, be it via partners or as part of Thinxtra's own end2end solutions offering.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experienced and successful engineer in technical IoT related development (hardware or software)
- Creative, visionary and intuitive business analysis skills, evidenced by architecting value-added end solutions from customer requirements elicitation
- Technical account management skills, or strong willingness to learn
- High professional standard of presenting, selling and delivering complex and technical End to End solutions to customers
- Solid technical knowledge, including wireless networking fundamentals
- Ability to travel international, interstate and intrastate as/if required
- Detail oriented and organized with effective time management and record keeping disciplines
- Excellent communication skills at different levels within an organization
- Self-motivated with a desire to be successful
- Integrity and professionalism
- Great Can do attitude & passion for IoT!
We are looking for an individual passionate about working with a driven groups of entrepreneurs, who loves the idea of wearing multiple hats and who thrives in an innovative environment, eagerly accepts challenges, and finds joy in not knowing what's around the corner!!
If you feel like you have the right profile for this fantastic opportunity- We want to hear from you!
NETWORK OPERATIONS ENGINEER - August 2016
The Network Operations Engineer reporting to the CTO & Network Operations Director will be responsible for operating and maintaining the Sigfox network in Australia and New Zealand. We are looking for a highly technical individual with Electronics/Telecommunications Engineering background who is not afraid of taking the extra step to make things happen to contribute to our success story.
You will be required to:
- Manage site operations of Australia and New Zealand, liaising with vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery.
- Provide ongoing operational support in designing, optimising, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of Thinxtra network performance malfunctions, defects and faults.
- Provide level 2 support to Thinxtra’s customers, and be an escalation point for level 3 support based in France.
- Hold ownership of Thinxtra OSS and BSS systems and provide ongoing support for these systems.
- Hold ownership of Thinxtra office network and IT systems.
- Manage relationships with external site owners and resolve site access issues.
- Commission base stations and resolve any commissioning related issues by giving remote support to field technicians.
- Ensure high quality installs are in place, by checking site installation data and site as built documentations.
- Develop and report logs of the details, location and status of inventories, parts and equipment.
- Ensure smooth handover of sites to network operations responsibility.
- Help Thinxtra team with their technical enquiries about the network technology and office IT equipment.
- Attend monthly network operations meetings with vendors, to assess the performance of the network and provide solution for frequently occurring problems.
- Flag, follow-up and remove major issues and risks related to network operations.
- Maintain network operations repository of documents and deliverables.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the processes and company.
- Execute general ad hoc duties.
- Hold at least Bachelor of Engineering in Telecommunications, Electronics or Computer Science. Master of Science is highly desirable.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in IoT Networks, particularly Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) such as Sigfox and LoRA. Previous Sigfox network exposure and experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in network management systems, and network management protocols.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Zabbix is mandatory.
- Experience in Linux operating systems, particularly Centos, Ubuntu and Red Hat.
- Experience in cloud platforms, previous experience on Google Cloud is mandatory.
- Experience with Google for work.
- Knowledge on TCP/IP Networking, SNMP, VPN, SMTP, HTTP and HTTPS, cisco routers and switches. CCNA Security and CCNA Routing and Switching certifications are mandatory.
- Knowledge on embedded systems and hardware related to IoT applications.
- Experience on M2M communications, 4G industrial M2M routers, SIM and device management platforms.
- Experience on scripting languages such as Python and bash scripting, C programming language and MySQL.
- Exposure to C programming language, git versioning.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build strong working relationships.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi task and work to deadlines.
- A proactive/can do attitude is essential to the success of this role (start-up mindset)
- French language skill is highly desirable, as the network vendor resides in Europe and efficient communication with the vendor is necessary.